Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ms. Nakada's Blog

English
Blog
I Am Poems
writer's workshop
HW: RJ 10.2

I can't believe Kevin picked me to do the blog, after all I've done for him. ; - \ So here I am doing the blog. We start class with Kevin reading his blog which had this poem by Emily which I found very entertaining. Daniel demonstrated the breaststroke for us on the floor. Quite interesting. We then started writing I Am poems. We wrote one as a class and then wrote them individually. Simone read hers, then Chris and Payge.  Simone is loud and crazy. Chris is cool and clumsy and Payge is short and funny. We then did writer's workshop and I collected some make-up work. I have to get grades in!  Stressful!!!  The bell rang so we took a break.

History
150th Anniversary of the start of the Civil War
Bull Run
HW: Review Notes

Once everyone got back from the break we took out our notes on Bull Run. Since today is the 150th anniversary of the firing at Fort Sumter, I played an NPR story about how they are remembering these events in South Carolina. Then we reviewed the first 5 characters from Bull Run, got into literature circles and read the next four sections.

No comments:

Post a Comment