Monday, April 25, 2011

Maia's Blog

English:
Blog
Poetry
Writer's workshop
HW reading journals 11.1

Today I was chosen to do the blog for the first time since I've been attending this school. We started with poetry and it was inspired by "Shafro" who wanted to grow an afro because he believed that he would be able to pull girls and have the ability to beat up people. Simone decided to read her poem while trying to get up. She almost fell. #hilarious! The next poem was very exciting because I have the same name as the author Maya Angelou, I just spell my name different. Personally I think I spell my name better (MAIA).
Back to the lesson, I love how Maya Angelou takes care of herself and doesn't care what people say as you can see she believes she is a Phenomenal woman. Some people had to work on their Glory Field essay because they have not turned it in yet. Everyone else has to work on there poems. DELAYASIA WAS HERE!!!!!! HEHE BYE BYE LOVEE YHUU MAIA!!!! YHUR MYY HONEYBUNCHESS :* English is over and now we are taking a break. Happy because I needed one.

History:
Ch.22: The Civil War
Bull Run
HW review notes Quiz Thursday :( :(

We continued on pg. 42 The Civil War, we had to complete our questions. Hopefully everyone studies for the quiz on Thursday so they can get a good grade. Exciting news! We got a NEW STUDENT!!!!! I would tell you what his name is but I dont know what it is. He seems like a very quiet person. We started  on Ch.22 notes part two. I learned that the Battle of ANTIETAM was a major "victory" for the North.
The Civil War was a very deadly war for example the medical care was not good at all. A lot of people died of infections. Some soldiers refused to get medical help because they knew it was no use. We started on another topic the Gettysberg: Lincoln's Gettysberg adress but we didn't finish it. Continuing on the bull run pg. 47-56. Hope everyone finishes. The bell is about to ring and everyone is gettting ready to leave. The bell rang yay home we go !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment